Solar Eclipse 2017
City of Clayton, Rabun County Georgia
EVENTS, FESTIVITIES & CELEBRATIONS
(Note: many events are now in the planning stage. Check back on a regular basis for updates. If you know about a public event in northeast Georgia, Rabun County or the City of Clayton, please let me know. Thanks!)
The City of Clayton GA will experience 2 minutes and 35 seconds of total darkness (umbra) begining at approximately 2:35pm on Monday, August 21, 2017. The exact amount of time the total eclipse will last in other locations in Rabun County will vary depending on how far north or south the location is from the northwest/southeast center line of maximum darkness which will track along a line just north of Dillard Georgia. The shadow of the moon will sweep across the Appalachian Mountains at over 1400mph! This is the first time a solar eclipse has occurred in Georgia since March 7, 1970 and it won't happen again until 2045 when it will sweep across south Georgia.
** Many thanks to Dave Clark, NationalEclipse.com for providing this factoid!
This is once-in-a-lifetime event is an experience that you and your family should not miss!
RABUN COUNTY SOLAR ECLIPSE EVENTS
- The Rabun County Solar Eclipse Celebration, located at the Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School, is the primary Solar Eclipse event in Rabun County. This event is being planned by the Rabun County Tourism and Development Authority. Festivities will include a Solar Eclipse Information Night Sunday evening; a Solar Eclipse Viewing Party and an after party to share experiences. The parking fee will include free solar eye wear (correct use of protective eye wear is VERY important!). To learn more about this event and other solar eclipse events and festivities being held in Rabun County, please check out their Solar Eclipse Page.
Plan on arriving early, Monday, 8/21/17 to avoid the traffic jam!
OTHER SOLAR ECLIPSE EVENTS
* Andy's Trout Farm, Clayton GA
Solar Eclipse Family Friendly Fun, 8/19-8/21
Plans for Eclipse festivities are currently in progress. Check back later for details. (NOTE: All campsites are now booked!)
For Boy Scouts and Explorers. Plans for Eclipse festivities are currently in progress. Check back later for details.
Yes, its a little bit outside of Rabun County, but a big Solar Eclipse celebration is planned!
* Dillard, GA - Eclipse weekend plans and festivities!
* Dillard House ECLIPSE EXTRAVANZA!, Dillard GA
* Mountain Valley Center - Labyrinth Park, Otto N.C.
Spiritual eclipse celebration & festivities. Chakra to the max!
* Ramah Daron - Solar Eclipse Shabbat, Clayton GA
* River Vista RV Resort, Dillard GA
Special camping packages are being offered along with a variety of special events associated with the Solar Eclipse. (This location is positioned along the centerline of the maximum eclipse. It will experience 2 minutes and 39 seconds of total darkness!)
Eclipse Golf Tournament & 19th Hole Festivities, Sunday, August 20th, 2017, 1pm & 6pm – 9pm
Page updated 7/16/17